Popular Posts

Sunday, 3 July 2016

Hi, my name's Kyra



Hi, so as you can probably see by the title, my name's Kyra and I've started a blog dedicated to my photography and life. I hope this will work out because that would be super duper cool!

So first of all. I'd like to post some of my photography and explain why that specific photo is close to my heart.

This photo I actually came 3rd in a competition with. I photo-shopped and cropped the photo a little so this isn't exactly the same as the entered photo but this is the actual original! I really, really like this photo because it's of the very top of a cathedral and it shows all the twists, turns and complexity of the structure. The blue sky in the background makes the building stand out even more. I used my first ever lens to take this photo and I was impressed with how it came out, as that is not the best of lenses! As you may notice, there is a black dot to the left side of the photo, which was actually a piece of dust that I hadn't noticed was there, what a bummer! Luckily, I managed to clean it off.



This photo of a donkey I really, really love. It's a different angle to most photos and the animal was looking straight into the camera. I like the dark circles around the donkey's eyes as they make the eyes stand out even more. The background has very mutual colours which, in this case, is a good thing. I know it sounds weird but I like the 'parting' of the animals hair, because it makes the animal look very well groomed and not such a low class animal. 


This photo I took yesterday with my friend Tabby, and it really shows how good my zoom lens is. I love my zoom lens like it's my baby, it's absolutely amazing! I like this photo because it's very natural and shows the real beauty of the flower. Personally, I really like nature-based photos and I normally take those kind of photos, so be ready to see loads of them!! 


Another flower photo! I realllly like this because the purple of the petals really stands out against the grass,which is plain. Once again, I took this with my zoom lens, which makes everything 10x more easier to do, I really do love it. I suggest if you're thinking about getting one, you should! They're so, so good.


I adore cows so much, they're actually so cute. These cows are only just down the road from me and I often walk down there to go stroke them! This photo I was actually going to submit to the Photography competition I was talking about earlier, but my teacher suggested that I used the cathedral one because it had more to look at in the photo. I like this photo because it shows all the features of a cow, the eyes, ears, mouth. The background is dark which makes the two cows stand out and the pure focus of the photo.

So, those are some of my favourite photos that I've took recently, I hope you like them as much as I do! I would now like to do some bullet points as a little extra on who I am and some little facts about me:

  • My full name is Kyra Anne Firmage.
  • I live in Norfolk, England.
  • I have two cats, 3 chickens, a cockerel, two tortoises and fish.
  • I'm a bit of an animal lover as you can probably already tell!!!
  • I'm actually quite boring and I don't really know what to put.
  • I'm obsessed with the band 5 Seconds of Summer and have been for a while.
  • I love photography, music and reading.
I hope you liked my first ever blog, I've worked very hard on making this the best I possibly can.

See you soon,
Kyra


No comments:

Post a Comment